Now Hiring: Medical Office Assistant
Pathway Psychiatry and Counseling Center is a concierge style medical practice specializing in the treatment of mental health conditions with both medications and psychotherapy or “talk therapy.” Dr. Ashley Gardner focuses on excellent customer service and a personalized approach to medicine. Pathway Psychiatry is committed to serving the community and providing mental health care for our fellow community members, and as such is dedicated to being involved in local events and network building.
This clinic opened in November 2019 and is rapidly growing. We are hiring a Medical Office Assistant / Front Desk staff in order to better serve our patients.
- Perform initial screening for patients by telephone or email prior to scheduling a first appointment.
- Schedule and coordinate patient appointments, assist patients with rescheduling appointments and other scheduling issues
- Assist patients with initial paperwork
- Update and maintain patients’ health records including demographic information, credit card information and/or insurance information, and uploading any records into charts
- Communicate test results to patients when directed to do so
- Answer office phone during business hours
- Greet patients in the waiting room, and check patients in on EMR
- Room patients with the physician
- Provide patients with any after visit paperwork as directed by the doctor
- Process credit cards for payment
- High school degree, college degree a plus but not required
- Experience in a professional environment
- Medical office experience preferred
- Familiarity with healthcare operations, insurance legislation a plus
- Customer service skills and experience
- $20.00 per hour, estimated initial need for 4-6 hours per day Monday – Friday, but will likely increase to 8 hours per day Monday – Friday. Clinic is closed on holidays and weekends.