Anxiety Treatment in Midland, TX
It is normal at times to feel anxious or worried. Sometimes these feelings can even interfere with daily activities or make it difficult to carry out a normal routine. You may avoid places or situations to prevent these feelings from occurring.
Anxiety disorder treatment may include psychotherapy or treatment with medications.
What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
According to Mayo Clinic symptoms of anxiety may start during childhood or the teen years and continue into adulthood or may begin in adulthood.
Emotional symptoms may include:
- Feelings of apprehension or dread
- Feeling tense or jumpy
- Restlessness or irritability
- Anticipating the worst
- Being watchful for signs of danger
Physical symptoms may include:
- Pounding or racing heart and shortness of breath
- Tremors and twitches
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Upset stomach, frequent urination or diarrhea
Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are several different types of anxiety disorders. These include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – exaggerated worry about everyday life
- Social anxiety disorder – intense fear about social interactions
- Phobias – places, events, or objects create powerful reactions of strong, irrational fear
- Agoraphobia – a type of anxiety disorder in which you fear and avoid places or situations that might cause you to panic and make you feel trapped, helpless or embarrassed
- Separation anxiety disorder– fear of being separated from a particular person, persons, or even a pet
- Substance/medication-induced anxiety disorder – anxiety caused by intoxication or withdrawal from a substance or medication
Anxiety disorders are one of the most common psychiatric disorders and can occur at any age.
What is the Treatment for Anxiety Disorders?
Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is an effective treatment method.
This therapeutic method can be implemented across a variety of mental illnesses, and its ultimate goal is to bring about improvements in your emotional health. You can learn tools to use, and strategies to cope with anxiety when it occurs.
Medication is also available as a treatment option for anxiety and usually involves antidepressants or as-needed medications. These medications help to prevent anxiety episodes, and reduce the severity of symptoms. Talk to your doctor to see if medication is the best route for your anxiety.
Telepsych is also a treatment option for patients experiencing anxiety in Midland and Odessa Texas. Telepsych is a type of health care that is offered through the use of video based applications such as VSee. With telepsychiatry, Dr. Gardner is able to provide professional evaluations and recommendations to patients virtually who may not be able to travel to the office for a face-to-face visit, or prefer the convenience of video-visits.
When should I see Pathway Psychiatry for an Anxiety Disorder?
If your anxiety is interfering with your family, work, or everyday life, you should seek professional help.
Talking to a medical professional can help if your fear or worry is unmanageable or you feel like it is getting out of control. Your worries may not go away on their own, and they may get worse over time if you don’t seek help.
If you have suicidal thoughts or behaviors, seek emergency treatment immediately.
Schedule an Anxiety Treatment in Midland, TX
Don’t let anxiety control your life any longer. Contact Pathway Psychiatry today at (214) 997-4459 to speak to Dr. Gardner about effective anxiety treatment options available in Odessa and Midland, TX. Take the first step towards a happier and healthier you.