Anxiety Treatment in Wylie, TX
It’s common for individuals to experience occasional feelings of anxiety or worry, but in some cases, these feelings can become overwhelming and disrupt daily life, leading to avoidance of certain places or situations.
Effective treatment for anxiety disorders may involve psychotherapy, where individuals work with a trained therapist to address and manage their anxiety through talk therapy and coping strategies. In some cases, medication may also be prescribed to alleviate symptoms and support the therapeutic process. Consulting with a healthcare professional is crucial for determining the most appropriate treatment approach for individual needs.
Pathway Psychiatry provides comprehensive psychiatric care and counseling for adults at our psychiatric clinic. Led by Dr. Ashley Gardner, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer personalized treatment plans for individuals with conditions such as anxiety. Call (214) 997-4459 to schedule your consultation today!
What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
Symptoms of anxiety may start during childhood or the teen years and continue into adulthood or may begin in adulthood.
Emotional symptoms may include:
- Feelings of apprehension or dread
- Feeling tense or jumpy
- Restlessness or irritability
- Anticipating the worst
- Being watchful for signs of danger
Physical symptoms may include:
- Pounding or racing heart and shortness of breath
- Tremors and twitches
- Fatigue and insomnia
- Upset stomach, frequent urination or diarrhea
Types of Anxiety Disorders
There are several different types of anxiety disorders. These include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – exaggerated worry about everyday life
- Social anxiety disorder – intense fear about social interactions
- Phobias – places, events, or objects create powerful reactions of strong, irrational fear
- Agoraphobia – a type of anxiety disorder in which you fear and avoid places or situations that might cause you to panic and make you feel trapped, helpless or embarrassed
- Separation anxiety disorder– fear of being separated from a particular person, persons, or even a pet
- Substance/medication-induced anxiety disorder – anxiety caused by intoxication or withdrawal from a substance or medication
Anxiety disorders are one of the most common psychiatric disorders and can occur at any age.
What is the Treatment for Anxiety Disorders?
Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is an effective treatment method. This therapeutic method can be implemented across a variety of mental illnesses, and its ultimate goal is to bring about improvements in your emotional health. You can learn tools to use, and strategies to cope with anxiety when it occurs.
Medication is also available as a treatment option for anxiety and usually involves antidepressants or as-needed medications. These medications help to prevent anxiety episodes, and reduce the severity of symptoms.
When should seek treatment for an Anxiety Disorder?
If anxiety is significantly impacting your family, work, or daily life, it’s essential to consider seeking professional help. Discussing your concerns with a medical professional can be a valuable step if your fear or worry feels overwhelming or beyond your control.
Schedule an Appointment for Anxiety Treatment in Wylie, TX
Contact Pathway Psychiatry today at (214) 997-4459 to explore anxiety treatment in Wylie, TX.